Executive Coaching is an interactive process that is designed to help individuals to develop rapidly. It is usually work related and focused on improving performance or behaviour. It is a goal-orientated form of personally tailored learning for a busy executive.
The essential features of executive coaching are that it is a short-term, time limited, goal specific, action orientated, and personally tailored approach to learning. It utilises feedback and offers some objectivity.
Executive Coaching is used in organisations to:
- to support the induction or appointment of a senior person into a more senior, or different role
- to accelerate the personal development of individuals defined as ‘high potential’, or individuals from a minority group identified for affirmative action
- to underpin the effective implementation of organisational change, through supporting teams and individuals
- independent sounding board to a senior individual
- to support senior individuals engaged in wider personal effectiveness programmes, such as 360-degree appraisal or development centres.
To find out more contact me for a consultation.